HP 136A, 136NW, 136W Firmware Update Chipless Overview
– Product name: HP 136A, 136NW, 136W Permanent Clear Toner Chip Page Counter.
– Version: V3.82.01.10, V3.82.01.11, V3.82.01.12, V3.82.01.13, V3.82.01.14
– Fix errors: Cartridge is low, Cartridge is very low, very low toner.
– Compatible models: HP LASER MFP 136A, HP LASER MFP 136W, HP LASER MFP 136NW.
– Compatible toner cartridges:
HP 110A Black, Part Number: W1112A
– Functional: Modify HP 136A, 136NW, 136W Printer’s Firmware -> HP 136A, 136NW, 136W printer will not require Toner Chips (IC Chips on toner cartridges) anymore. You will not need toner chip or replace toner cartridges if they are broken. Fix red light or red light blinking: install new toner cartridge, toner life end, replace new toner cartridge, toner empty, toner low, toner exhausted…Makes HP 136A, 136NW, 136W to work without toner chip.
– Additional info:
Before you continue with the reprogramming of the firmware, please make sure that the device is installed on your computer.
It is very important that under no circumstances should you remove the chip from the cartridge while reprogramming the firmware. After you have succesfully reprogrammed the printer, remove the chip from the cartridge and store it somewhere safely (the chip – a key). In all cartridges which you are going to use in the printer, the chip has to be either removed or sealed. If you have accidently inserted a new cartridge without removing the chip, the device will be blocked. In order to unblock it, you can use the stored chip as a key which help you to unblock the printer.
And make sure that any other devices (except mouse and keyboard), which are connected to your computer via USB or LPT ports are disconnected. Its preferable that the computer is connected to the “UPS” (uninterruptible power source) device, because if during the reprogramming process the electricity source has any interruptions, then the reprogramming will be carried out with an error, which makes the device unable to work.
Be aware that with the reprogramming of the firmware the manufacturers warranty goes lost!!
How to Reset Page Counter HP 136A, 136NW, 136W
1. Connect the HP 136A, 136NW, 136W printer to the computer by usb cable and turn it off.
2. Log HP 136A, 136NW, 136W printer in force mode:
– While holding the Cancel button (x) to turn on the printer, release both buttons and press Cancel again. Wait Image should appear on the display.
3. Drag and drop *.hd to usbprns2.exe.
4. The reprogramming process starts automatically.
5. Wait until the printer reprograms (5 – 10 minute) and restarts.
6. After that the reprogramming process is finished, use tapes to cover toner chip and restart the printer.
Download Firmware Reset HP 136A, 136NW, 136W: $12 USD